Our development kit for MFi accessories is a complete solution that includes audio streaming, battery charging, and remote button control functions. It simplifies design-in and can reduce development time by as much as half a year.
The NXP MFA100 is a highly integrated digital audio streaming device that provides USB-to-I2S audio streaming for Lightning-connected MFi (Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad) accessories and manages key functions such as battery charging, and remote button control. It provides all the necessary functions for building Lightning-connected speaker docks and headphones.
MFA100 development kit
Comprised of an MFA100 audio board and an MFA100 button board, along with a user guide, bill of materials, and schematics, the kit is available for purchase by licensed MFI vendors only through the Avnet MFi website.
MFA100 audio board features
- Apple Lightning (C10 or C11) connector interface (connector not included)
- 3.5 mm stereo audio headphone out jack
- 3.5 mm stereo audio line out jack
- NXP MFA100 audio streaming device
- Wolfson WM8904 audio codec
- Apple MFi device
- Micro USB (B-type) connector for charging iPod, iPad, or iPhone through Lightning connector
- Powered through Lightning connector
MFA100 button board features
- Ribbon cable connection to MFA100 audio board
- 14 buttons for remote control:
- Play, pause, play/pause
- Mute, volume up, volume down
- Reverse, forward
- Tracking+, tracking-, tracking normal
- Shuffle, repeat
Apple, iPod, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Lightning is a trademark of Apple Inc.