Portable healthcare devices help monitor vital signs, restart the heart, and look inside the body with ultrasound before the patient is taken to the hospital. NXP's goal is to contribute to home healthcare devices that are easy to use, interoperable and offer diagnostic value so that insurance will cover the cost. This eliminates the need for a hospital visit or stay and reduces healthcare costs.
New medical devices
Many consumer medical devices today simply display health monitoring results and leave the interpretation and logging to end users and their doctors. Newer devices feature simple connectivity to log and transmit results automatically. Connectivity is either wired, wireless or combined.
NXP helps you succeed in the increasingly competitive home health care market, helping consumer medical devices offer the following features:
- Ease of use
- Highly reliable and safe operation
- Easy, secure connectivity
- Low-power operation (i.e. long battery life)
- Support for a wide range of voltages (especially lower voltages)
- High measurement accuracy
- Small form factors
- Affordable cost
Ultra low power wireless MCU for ZigBee & JenNet – JN5148
The JN5148 is an ultra low power, high performance MCU combined with an IEEE802.15.4 compliant transceiver. It is targeted at low-power wireless networking applications.
Why is the JN5148 different?
- Single Chip Solution with integrated RF and CPU
- High Performance 32-bit RISC CPU core
- IEEE802.15.4 2.4GHz transceiver
- Typically achieving 30-50m indoors
- 128-bit AES encryption, highly secure networking
- System implementation
- Low sleep power consumption - 1.1uA with sleep timer
- Low power - 15mA TX, 18mA RX (35% less than competition, suitable for coin cells
- ZigBee Pro & JenNet/JenNet-IP Networking stacks
View the JN5148 product page here.