NXP offers a tailored portfolio to protect (U)SIM interfaces from ESD discharges and EMI interference, in terms of radiation and injection. Following the ISO/IEC 7816-3, ISO/IEC 7816-12 and ETSI TS 102221 standards, all mobile phones are manufactured using SIM or Universal Integrated Circuit Card (UICC) smart cards. These are often referred to as USIM cards for 3G and beyond.
This interface is universally important and it is typically protected against damage from ESD and EMI interference from the mobile phone transmitter. Especially in GSM mobile phones, where digital interfaces to external connectors are also protected against EMI radiation.
- VCC: provides card power supply (also named UCC)
- RST: provides card reset signal
- CLK: provides card clock signal
- I/O: data exchange between card and controller
- AUX USB interface (optional)