ADAS towards self-driving
Sensing the car's environment is a key ingredient of ADAS and the self-driving car. Ensuring that each vehicle has the highest level of security against unwanted attacks is also of utmost importance. By providing the car with state-of-the-art eyes and ears, and securely connecting it internally and externally, NXP® is helping make this a reality.
- Automotive radar Offering both long- and mid-range functionality automotive radar can constantly sense the distance between vehicles in real-time, improving driving efficiency and safety with enhanced collision-avoidance and emergency braking systems.
- Vision systems Surround view camera systems already make maneuvering much easier and safer, but vision systems can also enable features such as traffic sign recognition.
- Vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication By having cars ‘talk’ to each other we can reduce the risk of accidents and streamline road traffic, reducing costs and CO2 emissions.
- Vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) communication Communicating with the wider world via Intelligent Transport Systems allows connected cars to adapt to changing road conditions, improving safety and efficiency.
- Remote car management Interact with your car securely to control access, lighting, heating and other key functions from a distance.