Our new TJA1042 and TJA1051 HS-CAN transceivers, developed in collaboration with key players in the automotive market, are designed for applications up to 1 Mbit/s. They feature extremely low Electromagnetic Emission (EME) and greater protection against ringing effects, ensuring reliable communications in advanced networks that use multiple control units and complex bus topologies.
Improved ESD performance (±8 kV according to the IEC 61000-4-2 standard) makes it possible to build an electronic control unit (ECU) without using external ESD protection. To save power and reduce CO2 emissions, the transceivers disengage from the bus when they're not powered on or are operating in a low-power mode. The under-voltage behavior is highly predictable, making it easier to design systems that use Start-Stop functionality. And, to reduce their impact on the environment, both transceivers are RoHS-compliant and free of any halogenated flame retardants (known as Dark Green).
NXP supplies millions of CAN transceivers to over a hundred direct customers every week. The TJA1042 and TJA1051 join what is already the industry's broadest transceiver portfolio - with more than 30 products - and are upgrades to the widely used TJA1040 and TJA1050, respectively.
- Fully ISO 11898-2 compliant
- Suitable for 12- and 24-V systems
- Low EME and high EMI performance
- Improved EMC and ESD performance
- Functional behavior predictable under all supply conditions
- Transceiver in unpowered state disengages from bus (zero load)
- High ESD handling capability on bus pins
- Bus pins protected against transients
- Transmit data (TXD) dominant time-out function
- Undervoltage protection on VCC and VIO pins
- Thermally protected
in addition to TJA1051 features
- Fully ISO 11898-5 compliant
- Very low-current Standby mode with host and bus wake-up capability
- Bus-dominant time-out function in Standby mode