Everything we know is in this technology
NXP is making a significant expansion to its automotive MOSFET product portfolio. Its new automotive grade-technology, Trench 6, brings new levels of performance and manufacturing excellence to an already comprehensive base. With an initial product release in the industry-standard D2PAK the Trench 6 portfolio will be rolled out into all key automotive packages including NXP’s high performance, high reliability LFPAK56 Power-SO8 package. The new technology platform covers all key voltage grades: 30 V, 40 V, 60 V, 80 V & 100V with both standard and logic level gate drive variants available for every product.
Broadest MOSFET portfolio
With a strategic focus on low voltage MOSFETs for the automotive industry, NXP aims to offer the broadest portfolio in the market to enable solutions for the vast majority of automotive applications through a comprehensive suite of package, voltage range and performance levels. From simple lamp driving to the sophisticated needs of powertrain, chassis systems or fast-switching DC/DC converters in modern vehicles, NXP’s Trench 6 MOSFETs offer multiple solutions for the job.
At the heart of Trench 6 technology lies NXP’s passion for product leadership & manufacturing excellence with benchmark performance across the range and a major emphasis on product quality. Trench 6 has been built on almost two decades of experience in delivering high quality, high performance solutions to the automotive market. The combination of this advanced silicon technology and NXP’s proven track record in the field enables designers to create new systems with confidence whilst pushing performance to a new level, giving the edge where it’s needed.
Furthermore, as our most robust technology yet, it exceeds the reliability requirements beyond AEC-Q101 compliance to the 15 year mission profile of modern vehicles demanded by our customers. The combination of great MOSFET technology and NXP’s technical, quality and marketing support teams enables seamless integration into your system and safe launch into the automotive market.
Simple access to tools
Check out our simple to use website for the tools you need to get you started with your design, including datasheets, spice models and thermal models.
Key features and benefits
- AEC-Q101 automotive grade products rated at 175 ºC across the range
- Industry benchmark low on-resistance and current handling performance
- High performance switching capability for high frequency applications
- Simple, robust, avalanche rugged technology structure
- Highest quality and reliability proven through extended life testing
- Widest range of products for application flexibility and customer choice
- Dual source wafer manufacturing for supply chain risk reduction
- Proven packaging and silicon technology – designed with automotive zero defects in mind
- Comprehensive technical support information for easy design-in
D2PAK products released