Eindhoven, Netherlands and San Jose, Calif., July 20, 2010 – NXP Semiconductors today introduced the NXP iPhone application, allowing access to NXP products andsupporteasier and faster than ever before. This free application allows engineers to search, buy and share more than 10,000 products parts from NXP’s High Performance Mixed Signal andStandardProducts portfolio anytime, anywhere on their Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
- Features of NXP iPhone application:
- Engineers can browse and search the database of NXP products by product functions and part numbers to get product specifications. Product datasheets, applicationandpackaging information are also available at the click of a finger tip.
- Customers can order product parts using this application. By placing products directly into a shopping cart, they will be directed to online stores ofNXP’sworldwide distribution partners to complete the transaction within minutes.
- Engineers are able to share product specifications by emails or social media channels, like Facebook or Twitter.
- The “My Favorite” function allows engineers to keep track of product types that they are interested in.
- “About NXP” provides the overview of NXP‘s worldwide sales offices, distribution networks (with map) and access to online technical support form.
- This free application works with the following devices: iPhone (2G and higher, including iPhone 4), iPad and iPod touch.
- NXP iPhone application can be downloaded immediately from Apple‘s App store worldwide at this link.
- “Design teams typically span across geographies and time zones, and it is essential they are equipped with not only the right tools and products, but access when they needit,”said Mike Noonen, Executive Vice President of Global Sales and Marketing at NXP Semiconductors. “We are delighted to be the first semiconductor company to introduce a completeportfolio iPhoneproduct selector application to save customers time and allow them to make selections and purchases anytime and anywhere. This showcases our quick response to meet the changing needsof designengineers in the mobile internet era.”
- “Digi-Key customers include purchasers and engineers who often do most of their work away from their desks. These customers require productive and efficient mobile solutions tomaximizetheir time and minimize their costs when sourcing and designing new devices,” said Tony Harris, Chief Marketing Officer at Digi-Key. “Engineers and purchasers now have access toall ofNXP‘s quality products when accessing NXP‘s new iPhone app or Digi-Key‘s recently upgraded iPhone app. With this mobile solution, NXP continues to offer innovative,cutting-edgeproducts to its customers.”
- About NXP iPhone Application
- Link to Apple App store
- Videos of NXP iPhone App features
- NXP on Twitter
- Join NXP on Facebook
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and DigitalProcessingexpertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications.Headquartered inEurope, the company has approximately 28,000 employees working in more than 25 countries and posted sales of USD 3.8 billion in 2009.