Eindhoven, Netherlands and Manchester, UK, May 23, 2011 – NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) today announced that it is shipping 15 new devices in the NextPower range of 25V and 30V MOSFETs in its LFPAK package. The latest additions to NXP’s power MOSFET portfolio deliver uniquely balanced characteristics across the six most important parameters for high-performance, high-reliability switching applications, while providing the industry’s lowest RDS(on) with sub-1 mΩ types in both 25V and 30V. While traditional approaches focus primarily on reducing RDS(on) and Qg, NXP NextPower uses superjunction technology to optimize the balance between low RDS(on), low Qoss, low Qg(tot) and Qgd for strong switching performance and reduced losses between output drain and source terminals, as well as superior SOA performance. In addition, NXP LFPAK, the toughest Power-SO8, delivers rugged power switching in a compact, 5mm x 6mm footprint.
Facts / Highlights:
- The NXP NextPower range of 25V and 30V MOSFETs deliver strong all-around performance in the following six parameters:
- Low RDS(on) – the industry’s lowest RDS(on) Power-SO8 – providing low I2R losses and superior performance when used in SYNC FET or power OR-ing applications
- Low Qoss for reduced losses between DRAIN and SOURCE, reducing wasted energy stored in the output capacitance (Coss) when voltage changes across output terminals
- Low Miller charge (Qgd) for reduced switching losses and high-frequency switching
- SOA performance providing tolerance to overload and fault conditions
- Low gate charge (Qg) for reduced losses in the gate drive circuit
- Superior junction temperature rating, Tj(max), with LFPAK, the rugged Power-SO8 package for demanding environments where high reliability is required
- Key applications include synchronous buck regulators, DC-DC conversion, voltage regulator modules and power OR-ing
- “Delivering the industry’s lowest RDS(on) at 25V and 30V is only part of the story. The real breakthrough with our latest NextPower devices is that we’re also enabling control of all aspects of MOSFET behavior – above and beyond on-state resistance and gate charge – for high-performance, high-reliability switching applications with maximum power efficiency,” said Charles Limonard, marketing manager, Power MOSFETs, NXP Semiconductors.
- Next Power 25V MOSFETs: PSMN0R9-25YLC, PSMN1R1-25YLC, PSMN1R2-25YLC, PSMN1R7-25YLC, PSMN1R9-25YLC, PSMN2R2-25YLC, PSMN2R9-25YLC, PSMN3R2-25YLC, PSMN3R7-25YLC, PSMN4R0-25YLC
- NextPower 30V MOSFETs: PSMN1R0-30YLC, PSMN1R2-30YLC, PSMN1R5-30YLC, PSMN2R2-30YLC, PSMN2R6-30YLC, PSMN3R2-30YLC, PSMN3R7-30YLC, PSMN4R1-30YLC, PSMN4R5-30YLC
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 25 countries, NXP posted revenue of $4.4 billion in 2010.