At APEC 2012 this week, NXP Semiconductors (NASDAQ: NXPI) is showcasing a wide range of highly efficient Power MOSFETs which can be used alongside its GreenChip™ switched-mode power supply (SMPS) controller ICs, to enable slimmer power supply, adapter and charger designs. NXP’s robust Power MOSFETs provide an easy-to-use, space-saving solution for secondary-side synchronous rectifier (SR) applications, and can be used with SR control ICs such as the new GreenChip TEA1792T/TEA1792TS, announced by NXP in a separate release today: http://www.nxp.com/news/press-releases/2012/02/nxp-greenchip-power-ics-set-new-benchmarks-for-low-load-efficiency-and-no-load-standby-power.html
NXP’s innovative Power MOSFETs in LFPAK enable higher power density designs with a smaller footprint, helping manufacturers meet new AC/DC adapter design requirements. LFPAK – the industry’s toughest Power-SO8 package – brings automotive-grade ruggedness as required by AEC-Q101 to the power supply market. Featuring a copper clip which eliminates the need for wire bonding, LFPAK delivers maximum reliability, low electrical resistance, low thermal resistance, and a simplified manufacturing process. Supporting voltage ratings up to 200V, NXP’s Power MOSFET portfolio also offers a broad selection of packages in addition to LFPAK, including TO220, I2PAK and D2PAK.
“The trend toward slimmer and more efficient power supplies is pushing the industry as a whole toward more compact form factors – whether it’s a charger or adapter for a music player, smartphone, tablet, notebook, or any device in between. Increasingly, power supply designers are taking advantage of NXP’s LFPAK Power MOSFETs for very small, energy-efficient adapters, with the added benefit of automotive-grade reliability,” said Chris Boyce, general manager, standard MOSFETs product line, NXP Semiconductors. “For adapter designs using GreenChip SMPS controller ICs for synchronous rectification, NXP offers a complete SR solution by offering a broad selection of Power MOSFETs – in packages including LFPAK – backed by the same high-volume manufacturing capability and commitment to continuous innovation.”
NXP’s GreenChip SMPS controller ICs and Power MOSFETs will be featured in booth 910 at APEC 2012 in Orlando, Florida through February 9, 2012.
- NXP Power MOSFET 2013 Selection Guide: http://www.nxp.com/documents/selection_guide/75017357.pdf
- LFPAK: The Toughest Power-SO8 (Leaflet): http://www.nxp.com/documents/leaflet/75016838.pdf
- NXP MOSFETs: http://www.nxp.com/mosfets
- PSMN012-100YS – LFPAK, 100V, 60A
- PSMN8R2-80YS – LFPAK, 80V, 82A
- PSMN5R5-60YS – LFPAK, 60V, 100A
- PSMN2R6-40YS – LFPAK, 40V, 100A
- PSMN7R0-100PS – TO-220AB, 100V, 100A
- PSMN3R3-80PS – TO-220AB, 80V, 120A
- PSMN3R0-60PS – TO-220AB, 60V, 100A
- PSMN1R5-40PS – TO-220AB, 40V, 100A
- PSMN5R0-100ES – I2PAK, 100V, 120A
- PSMN3R3-80ES – I2PAK, 80V, 120A
- PSMN2R0-60ES – I2PAK, 60V, 120A
- PSMN1R5-40ES – I2PAK, 40V, 120A
- NXP GreenChip TEA1792T GreenChip synchronous rectifier controller
- NXP GreenChip TEA1792TS GreenChip synchronous rectifier controller
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 25 countries, NXP posted revenue of $4.4 billion in 2010. Additional information can be found by visiting www.nxp.com.