The GD3000 is a gate driver IC for three-phase motor drive applications providing three half-bridge drivers, each capable of driving two N-channel MOSFETs.
- Supports 1A to 2.5A peak current capability
- Can operate off of a single power supply with a wide range from 6V to 60V with 75V transient protection
- Uses a bootstrap gate driver architecture with trickle charge circuitry to support 100% duty cycle
- Uses programmable cross-talk protection when the high-side or low-side MOSFET is switching to prevent flow of current
- Integrated VDS sensing of the high-side and low-side MOSFETs is used to protect the external power stage against over-current conditions
- Includes a current shunt amplifier for accurate current measurement for phase error detection
The IC interfaces to a MCU via six direct input control signals, a SPI port for device setup and asynchronous reset, enable and interrupt signals. Both 5.0 and 3.0 V logic level inputs are accepted and 5.0 V logic level outputs are provided.