NXP’s automotive LED controllers offer highest reliability combined with LED dimming, blinking and color mixing capabilities. Devices can be used in a wide range of applications such as LED backlighting, button illumination or tell-tale illumination.
Proven LED controller technology for automotive applications
Key features and benefits
- Totem pole outputs with 25 mA sink and 10 mA source current at 5 V
- 16 independent and 1 master PWM channel for individual brightness control, global dimming and color mixing
- Operating power supply voltage range from 2.3 V to 5.5 V
- Asynchronous Output Enable pin for global ON/OFF or blinking
- 5.5 V tolerant inputs
- 1 MHz Fast-mode Plus compatible I2C interface with 30 mA high drive capability on SDA output for driving high capacitive buses
- -40 °C to +85 °C operating temperature range
- Automotive AEC-Q100 compliant qualification for highest reliability and robustness
- TSSOP28 package
- Display backlighting for instrument clusters, climate controls, car radios
- Illumination of tell-tales and push buttons
Design tools & Assets
A central place for your design support and tooling.
For today´s short product development cycles, NXP
helps you with this portal to simplify your design.
- NXP DisplayPort Level Shifters, Multiplexers and Adapter selection guide (pdf) (2011-01-20)
- Application guide: Flat-panel TV sets (pdf) (2012-03-13)