Varicap diodes (or varactor or tuning diodes) are principally used as voltage controlled variable capacitors. These small devices play an important role in a host of RF applications from tuning, frequency multiplier and modulation, to couple elements in filters with controlled bandwidth, parametric amplification and switching in the VHF and microwave regions.
TV and satellite varcap diodes - UHF tuning
New and updated products
Key features and benefits
- Tight capacitance specifications
- Complete portfolio covering broad frequency range and variety in package (including leadless)
- Very low series resistance
- Short leadtimes
- Excellent linearity
- Direct matching process
- High capacitance ratio
- Reliable volume supply
- Excellent matching
- Small tolerances
- Voltage Controlled Crystal Oscillators / Temperature Controlled Crystal Oscillators (VCXO/TCXO)
- Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCO)
- Electronic TV tuning * Satellite and terrestrial Television tuners * DVD recorders
- CDMA Cellular VCO with the BFG425W, BFG410W and Varactor BB142
- FM radio tuning * Car radio * Mobile phones
Design tools & Assets
A central place for your design support and tooling.
For today´s short product development cycles, NXP
helps you with this portal to simplify your design.
Training & events
Varicap diodes line-up per frequency
Many varicap diodes are or will be available in our new UTLP leadless package, look at our varicap portfolio in this chapter. Also more information on UTLP leadless packaging in Chapter X “Packing and Packaging”.
A key product focus for NXP, our portfolio is very diverse and covers multitude of applications. For example, among the latest developments in low voltage varicap diodes is the BB202LX in the Ultra Thin Leadless Package (UTLP) SOD882T, which is ideal for electronic FM radio tuning and Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCO) in mobile phones.