The most common camera and display interface used now for portable devices is the differential MIPI interface running at RF frequencies. To allow operation at typical GSM/3G/LTE frequencies, a strong common-mode suppression over all bands and higher harmonics is needed. At the same time, a wide differential passband is needed to keep signal integrity. Since ESD can enter through gaps in the portable device, strong ESD protection is needed to avoid damage of the electronics or re-setting the system due to ESD strikes
ESD, EMI and signal conditioning
Key features and benefits
- Very strong common-mode suppression > 14 dB in the range between 500 MHz and > 8 GHz
- Very wide passband > 2 GHz, ensuring signal integrity for all MIPI frequencies
- ESD ruggedness > 15 kV contact, far exceeding IEC 61000-4-2 (8 kV contact)
- Deep snap-back for optimized SoC protection against ESD strikes
- Very thin package (0.5 mm max package height)
- MIPI CSI camera interface
- MIPI DSI display interface
- All LVDS signals needing a passband up to 2 GHz
Design tools & Assets
- Discretes for portable devices and mobile handsets (pdf) (2013-09-04)
- Best-in-class common mode filtering and ESD protection for MIPI and HDMI (pdf) (2013-05-01)
- Application Guide Common Mode Filter (pdf) (2014-05-01)
Training & events
The new PCMFxDFN1 series offer a unique combination of common-mode suppression, wide differential passband and system-level ESD protection. The widest common-mode suppression in the industry offers the best insurance against EMI issues. Since it cannot be planned, which frequency or higher harmonics will cause interference, the PCMFxDFN1 offers strong common-mode suppression over the whole relevant frequency range.
A wide passband > 2 GHz helps to maintain the signal integrity for all frequencies used in the MIPI standard.
A strong system-level ESD protection with deep snap-back will ensure the best possible system-level ESD protection against strikes coupling, for example, through the gap between camera and body of the mobile device.
PCMF2DFN1 protects and filters two differential line pairs.
PCMF3DFN1 protects and filters three differential line pairs.
|Type number||Description||Status||Quick access|
|IP3319CX6||Single-channel common-mode filter with integrated ESD protection network||Download datasheet|
|PCMF2DFN1; PCMF3DFN1||Common-mode EMI filter for differential channels with integrated ESD protection||Download datasheet|