Brand owners are facing more challenges than ever to protect their intellectual property and applications. The first product in our new authentication family, the A7001, is a tamper resistant and secure MCU, based on our SmartMX technology, for authentication use cases such as counterfeit protection, profile of service and secure machine-to-machine communication.
Identification and security
NXP Authentication demonstration @ MWC...
Absolute Authentication by NXP...
Key features and benefits
- Dedicated secure SmartMX CPU with 80 kB EEPROM secure user memory
- Maximum security and tamper resistance with proven SmartMX security CPU
- High-performance secure Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) coprocessor (RSA, ECC)
- Speed and performance with multiple crypto-coprocessors
- Secure dual/triple-DES coprocessor
- Convenient integration with dedicated authentication firmware (host and client)
- Secure AES coprocessor (128-, 192- and 256-bit keys)
- Easy integration with industry standard I²C interface
- 100 kbit/s I²C interface
- Optional key/certificate generation and loading
- Counterfeit protection
- Profile of service
- Device identity for secure machine-to-machine communication
Design tools & Assets
- A Series, A71 Secure Microcontroller (pdf) (2011-10-26)
- NXP A7001 dedicated high-security microcontroller for device authentication solutions (pdf) (2011-03-23)
Training & events
The A7001 is based on the field-proven security CPU SmartMX, adapting the same security technology used for applications such as electronic passports, bank cards and pay-tv cards to authentication applications. It uses our Secure MX51 CPU with memory eXtended/enhanced 80C51, with a 62MHz internal clock using 6 clock cycles per machine instruction.
NXP’s hardware solutions take machine authentication to the next level, using our patented glue logicTM scrambled IP design with secure fetch technology, active shielding, and asynchronous self-timed handshake technology. We can help to protect networked computers and mobile devices from cyber attacks, and prevent smart power grids from being shut down.
NXP offers a range of crypto-coprocessors and an optional crypto library. Coprocessors include the high-performance secured Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) coprocessor (RSA, ECC), secured dual/triple-DES coprocessor, and secure AES coprocessor (128-,192- and 256-bit keys). The optional crypto library consists of various DES, AES and RSA encryptions with signature generation and verification. All of the algorithms have easy to use API, with the latest built-in security features to avoid power (SPA/DPA), timing and fault attacks (DFA).
|Type number||Description||Status||Quick access|
|A700x family||Secure authentication microcontroller||Download short datasheet|
|A710x family||Secure authentication microcontroller||Download short datasheet|