The very high-speed CMOS VHC(T) logic family is a speed upgrade of HC(T) with over-voltage tolerant inputs for true mixed voltage applications. NXP’s provides VHC products for use in 2.0 V to 6.0 V CMOS applications and VHCT products for use in 4.5 V to 5.5 V TTL applications.
Features and benefits
- 5 ns typical propagation delay
- Balanced output drive IOH / IOL = ±8 mA
- Low power
- 5 V tolerant inputs
- Low noise: VOLP = 0.8 V (max.)
- Consumer electronics
- Computer peripherals
- Mixed voltage applications
- Voltage translation: How to manage mixed-voltage designs with NXP level translators (pdf) (2014-05-20)
- Logic selection guide 2015 (pdf) (2015-01-08)
VHC(T) logic devices are specified over 2.0 V to 6.0 V. With a balanced output drive of 8 mA and typical propagation delay of 5 ns, the VHC(T) family includes buffers/line drivers, transceivers, gates and shift registers.
VHC(T) products are available in SO and TSSOP as well as innovative leadless DQFN packages for PCB space saving. NXP’s VHC(T) products are fully specified from -40 °C to 125 °C.