At 180 MHz, LPC1800 Series microcontrollers combine the industry's fastest ARM Cortex-M3 core with multiple high-speed connectivity options, advanced timers, analog, and optional security features to secure code and data communications. All LPC18xx families include Flash and Flashless options and support large, flexible internal and external memory configurations. They are pin-and-software compatible with NXP LPC43xx MCUs.
The LPC1800 MCUs are ideal solutions for:
- consumer and computing products
- building automation, industrial control, and energy-efficient smart appliances with UI
- automotive aftermarket accessories, including telematics
- secure communication hubs, smart IoT gateways, secure industrial gateways
- medical and fitness devices
- smart meters, industrial controls and automation
- diagnostic equipment, data collectors and navigation, electronic instruments
The LPC1800 Series includes five MCU families providing:
LPC181x: Range of serial connectivity, advanced timers, analog and high-speed connectivity including CAN 2.0.
LPC182x: Range of serial connectivity, advanced timers, analog and high-speed connectivity including Hi-Speed USB, CAN 2.0.
LPC183x: Range of serial connectivity, advanced timers, analog and high-speed connectivity including Hi-Speed USB, CAN 2.0, 10/100 Ethernet.
LPC185x: Range of serial connectivity, advanced timers, analog and high-speed connectivity including Hi-Speed USB, CAN 2.0, 10/100 Ethernet, and graphic LCD controller.
LPC18Sxx: Full range of high-speed connectiviy, timing and analog features combined with security features for code and data protection, including AES encryption, OTP key storage, and true random number generation.
- Core: Industry's fastest,180 MHz, 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3
- Memories and memory expansion
- Up to 1 MB Flash
- Up to 200 kB RAM
- SPI Flash interface (SPIFI)
- 8/16/32-bit external memory controller (EMC)
- Security features
- AES-128 encryption engine
- True random number generator (TRNG)
- OTP key storage
- Code read protection (CRP)
- High-speed connectivity
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface, with on-chip Hi-Speed PHY and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 with ULPI interface
- Dual CAN 2.0
- 10/100 Ethernet
- Graphic LCD up to 1024 x 768 pixel resolution
- 8-channel GPDMA controller
- Two 8-channel, 10-bit, 400 ksps ADCs
- One 10-bit DAC
- Basic serial connectivity
- Two Fast-mode I²C
- Three SPI, four UARTs
- Smart card interface
- Audio support
- Temperature range
- -40 to +85 °C (Flashless)
- -40 to +105 °C (Flash)
- Pin-compatible with LPC4300 Series microcontrollers