For an optimized response to the environment, use NXP capacitive proximity sensors for detection and self-calibration. The sensors compensate for changes, such as varying humidity or contamination on the electrode.
Capacitive Touch & Proximity Sensors from NXP...
Capacitive proximity sensor and switch
New and updated products
Key features and benefits
- Detects capacitance changes on a remote sensing plate
- Proximity operation possible, no contact required
- Changes in the static capacitance are automatically compensated through continuous auto-calibration
- Operates when wearing gloves
- Sensing plate and the IC can be separated by a distance of several metres
- Useable with dirt on the touch area
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Works with any event that generates a pre-defined change in capacitance
- Adjustable response time
- Mobile phones or portable entertainment units
- Medical applications
- Explosive environments
- Vandal proofing
- Under upholstery, handles, mats, glass, carpets, tiles etc.
Design tools & Assets
A central place for your design support and tooling.
For today´s short product development cycles, NXP
helps you with this portal to simplify your design.
- Capacitive 8-channel touch and proximity sensor with auto-calibration and very low power consumption (pdf) (2012-10-02)
- Dual channel capacitive proximity switch with auto-calibration and large voltage operating range (pdf) (2012-09-20)
- NXP capacitive 8-channel proximity switch PCF8885: Dynamic proximity switch with eight sensor channels (pdf) (2012-10-01)
Training & events
|Type number||Description||Status||Quick access|
|PCA8885TS||Capacitive 8-channel proximity switch with auto-calibration and very low power consumption||Download datasheet|
|PCA8886TS||Dual channel capacitive proximity switch with auto-calibration and large voltage operating range||Download datasheet|
|PCF8883||Capacitive proximity switch with auto-calibration, large voltage operating range and very low power consumption||Download datasheet|
|PCF8885||Capacitive 8-channel touch and proximity sensor with auto-calibration and very low power consumption||Download datasheet|