This Linux SDK includes:
- Linux kernel and device drivers
- GNU tools (compilers, linkers, etc.)
- Yocto build tools
- Deployment mechanisms
Some features of a chip or an evaluation board may not be enabled by a Linux BSP. Please review the features listed in the "Devices Support" section of each Linux BSP information page. Each Linux BSP link provides detailed information on the version of the kernel, glibc, gcc, etc., as well as information about which applications and services are included within a specific BSP.
QorIQ SDK with Virtual Host Environment" images contain a complete Linux-based cross-development environment, which boots in a virtual machine environment on a standard personal computer. The Virtual Host Environment includes additional host-based development tools over those included in the standard SDK image.
SDKs and BSPs are offered free of charge, "AS IS." Please review the Linux Technology Support Policies for more information.
From this SDK, the following SDK architectures can be implemented easily :
- SMP Linux
- Virtualization Architectures
- KVM Hypervisor multicore system with Linux primary Operating System
- Custom Embedded Hypervisor multicore system for AMP based partitioning
- Vortiqa Application Software using Standard Linux SMP using standard native Linux Networking Stacks.
What's New on Service Pack v1.5
Service Pack v1.5 for LS1021A
- U-Boot Boot Loader
- QSPI boot
- SD boot adjustment. Moving the QSPI/SPI support to QSPI boot. Enabling the IFC under SD boot.
- Linux Kernel Device Drivers
- GEN 2 on SATA3
- USB 2.0 (EHCI) on TWR-SER2
- Deep sleep for SD boot
Service Pack v1.5 for T2080
- U-Boot Bootloader
- 1.8GHz DDR DIMM
- VID support for T2080RDB
- Workaround for erratum A-007186 enabled on T2080 rev1.1
- Other Tools and Utilities
- T2080QDS RCW update to support platform frequency 600MHz.