The NXP MQX File System (MFS) is an embedded FAT file system compatible with Microsoft Windows and MS-DOS file systems. It can format, read, write and exchange files with any operating systems running a FAT-12, FAT-16 or FAT-32 files system. It is fully re-entrant and uses the
NXP MQX RTOS file device driver to access disk devices. Also, included with the NXP MQX RTOS is a Trivial File System (TFS) that can be used in HTTP applications requiring a simple read-only file system. MFS is integrated with the FTP server of the NXP
Real-Time TCP/IP Communication Suite (RTCS) and the Mass Storage Class Driver of the
USB Host Stack.
Included in MQX products
- File system compatible with an MS-DOS file system
- Supports reading, writing, and formatting of any MS-DOS media
- Supports disk-space reservation
- Supports long filenames and multiple disk volumes
- Guarantees application tasks mutually exclusive access to the file system
- Supports block-and-record-level error detection and recovery
- Supports partitions
- Supports various removable media like USB flash disks, SD-cards, PC-cards, etc.
- Can be programmed into ROM