The 20 V, 0.5 A PMEG2005BELD Schottky barrier rectifier in the ultra small and flat 1.0 x 0.6 x 0.37 mm plastic SMD package DFN1006D-2 (SOD882D) delivers only a maximum forward voltage of 390 mV at 0.5 A forward current. With high-efficiency electrical characteristics never before reached in this size, the low VF Schottky rectifier is ideal for mobile, battery-driven devices such as smartphones and tablets that need to reduce overall power consumption in limited PCB board space.
Robust and compact the PMEG2005BELD features NXP’s unique tin-plated, solderable side pads. These tin-plated side pads are attractive to manufacturers because they enable visual inspection of solder joints. Solderable side pads also allow for tighter contact onto the PCB with less tilting and stronger shear force robustness.
- Average forward current: IF(AV) ≤ 0.5 A
- Reverse voltage: VR ≤ 20 V
- Low forward voltage VF ≤ 390 mV at 0.5 A forward current IF
- Low reverse current IR ≤ 50 µA at 10 V reverse voltage VR
- Qualified according to automotive standard AEC-Q101
- Available in a small 1006-sized (0402 inch) plastic package
- Longer battery life due to reduced power consumption, as a result of low forward voltage
- High packing density onto the PCB due to small form factor and excellent thermal conductivity
- Permits small distance PCB stacks with high stack density, due to extremely low height of device (0.37 mm)
- Allows optical inspection of solder joints due to tin-plated side pads of DFN1006D-2 (SOD882D) package
- Backlighting displays in smartphones, MP3 players and tablet PCs