High Performance RF TechZone
Streaming bits back and forth through silicon
It is not always easy to get access to the world. In some regions it can be almost impossible to install cable or wireless networks. Satellite services have always been the alternative solution in these areas but the option to include a return channel has been difficult. That was until the introduction of Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) terminals. And as these terminals have become more portable and affordable, their popularity has increased significantly.
VSAT and satellite LNB designers need to carefully balance requirements to be light, very efficient, offer faster data rates while driving down costs and time-to-market. NXP's SiGeC process technology helps achieve that balance. It enables the most critical parts of the transceiver function to be integrated into the VSAT system. That vastly simplifies circuit level implementation, reducing manufacturing complexity which in turn reduces yield loss tremendously.
Our LO Generators for example are the most integrated and complete RF-tested solutions on the market for these high frequency microwave systems. They deliver compact designs and reduce cost significantly, while operating with lower power dissipation than traditional solutions.
- The most integrated products at the lowest cost-of-ownership for the market
- Complete RF-tested solutions
- Next generation LNAs and IF amplifiers (no tuning required) help simplify the overall design
- NXP's RF Manual 16th edition (pdf) (2012-06-08)
- VSAT Satellite ic tff1003hn white paper (pdf) (2009-07-15)
- Low-noise LO generators for microwave radios; NXP LO generators TFF11xxxHN, TFF1003HN & TFF1007HN (pdf) (2010-02-01)
- Complete satellite portfolio for all LNB architectures; NXP satellite LNB devices BFU725F and BGA28xx (pdf) (2009-04-01)
- Enabling the Mobile Experience (pdf) (2013-02-05)