High Performance RF TechZone
- NXP IQ Modulators Feature Highest Dynamic Range with DC-Independent DAC Interfacing - October 31, 2012
- NXP Develops Industry’s First Full-Band UHF Doherty Architecture - October 30, 2012
- NXP Boosts Small Cell Wireless Base Stations With High-Performance RF - October 29, 2012
With 35+ years of experience delivering RF power transistors, NXP is leading the industry in bringing GaN RF power devices into a secure and reliable mainstream supply chain for base station, industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) and aerospace & defense applications.
NXP’s first generation GaN process technology features best in class linearity while at the same time allowing designers to maintain power, ruggedness and efficiency. This enables an uncompromised amplifier design that can reduce component count and reduce amplifier footprint. NXP’s leading back end assembly facility consistently leverages the high power density of GaN into smaller and more broadband circuitry.
Through a broad portfolio of high performance GaN and LDMOS products, only NXP offers you unbiased choices enabling optimized designs for your application.
- High frequencies, bandwidth up to 6 GHz
- Excellent linearity
- High efficiencies
- High power density
- High thermal conductivity
- GaN can operate at high temperatures, without loss of reliability (250 °C compared to 225 °C for Si LDMOS)
- Excellent ruggedness
- Commercial wireless infrastructure (base stations)
- Radar systems
- Broadband and narrow band general purpose amplifiers
- Public mobile radios
- Industrial, scientific and medical applications
- Test instrumentation
- EMC testing
- -- --
-- by --