Smart mirrors read the RAIN RFID tag of the merchandise and display the item on a touchscreen behind the mirror’s glass while a recommendation engine displays matching accessories. Consumers can view alternative colors, check for availability of other sizes, get more information about recommended items, or request the help of a shop assistant.
- Provides a bridge between physical and online worlds
- Enables rich, “sticky,” user experience
- Allows real time, precision retail marketing based on time, local inventory, the individual, etc.
- Enables cross-selling opportunities
- Gives feedback to retailers, such as demographics and behavioral patterns
- Lets brand owners interact directly with consumers
- Facilities with more convenient shopping experience
NFC Features Benefiting Application
- UID may be mirrored into the NDEF message
- Write or read/write memory access may be password restricted
- Optional limit of unsuccessful authentication attempts
- Counter/counter mirror offers an offline means of tracking the number of taps
- Low cost and easy to implement, so large scale campaigns are possible
- Updateable without reprinting the media