Smart Home Solutions Enable Faster Product Manufacturing, Easy Application Development and Optimal Consumer Experiences
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 04, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CES 2016 – NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) today announced the industry’s most comprehensive smart home solutions, each integrating a vast array of technologies critical for the creation of end-products that make smart homes more secure, connected and convenient. The solutions include production-ready modules and reference designs for smart lighting, smoke detection, motion sensing and a variety of other popular smart home applications.
For smart home product manufacturers, these highly integrated solutions dramatically streamline product creation, enabling up to 50 percent faster time to market. And for consumers, these solutions pave the way for secure, easy-to-use consumer products that are simple to setup, control and enjoy.
“Today, service providers make it easily accessible for consumers to create their own smart home, but the complexity often comes with the initial setup of devices which are as diverse as the standards in which they operate,” said Olivier Harquin, general manager of smart home solutions at NXP. “NXP provides a complete solution that embeds all of the key elements to enable secure seamless, convenient consumer experiences that people demand.”
Comprehensive smart home solutions combines:
- End-to-end security to protect consumer’s assets and privacy from the node to the gateway to the cloud.
- NFC commissioning to provide secure “tap and connect” communications between smart devices to the home network.
- Best-in-class algorithms for voice activation and context sensing features. These algorithms work with most third-party speech recognition software partners and feature low power microprocessors to enable devices to stay active when in sensing mode to extend battery life.
- ARM-based i.MX applications processors for gateways, featuring complete software and hardware and supported tools.
- Agnostic approach to wireless technology, enabling optimal connectivity and interoperability across standards such as Thread, ZigBee 3.0, Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) and BLE Mesh.
NXP smart home development and evaluation solutions includes:
- Lighting Solutions:
- Production ready reference designs based on Thread, ZigBee 3.0 and BTLE technologies integrated with NFC.
- Smart Home End Node Solutions:
- Turn-key solutions with NFC technology integrated for tap and connect commissioning for occupancy and motion sensors, smart plugs, smoke detectors and various nodes from global partners.
- Evaluation Kit (EK-004)
- Product Ready Modules
- JN5169 and JN5179 production ready modules are industry compliant and certified. These modules abstract all wireless technology complexity for customers.
Demonstrations at CES 2016
NXP will demonstrate the complete smart home solution with automated, smart experiences on January 6-9 at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) booth #CP25 – located in the outside pavilion area at the Las Vegas Convention Center. CES attendees will be able to use their badge equipped with NFC inside to explore and experience different ways to “tap and connect” to the Internet of Things (IoT).
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has 45,000 employees in more than 35 countries.
This document includes forward-looking statements which include statements regarding NXP’s business strategy, financial condition, results of operations and market data, as well as other statements that are not historical facts. By their nature, forward-looking statements are subject to numerous factors, risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes and results to be materially different from those projected. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Except for any ongoing obligation to disclose material information as required by the United States federal securities laws, NXP does not have any intention or obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements after NXP distributes this document, whether to reflect any future events or circumstances or otherwise. For a discussion of potential risks and uncertainties, please refer to the risk factors listed in NXP’s SEC filings. Copies of NXP’s SEC filings are available from the SEC website, www.sec.gov.
For more information, please contact: NXP Global Technology PRTate TranTel: +1 408-802-0602Email: email@example.comNXP Global Technology PRJack TaylorTel: +1 512-560-7143Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NXP Semiconductors Netherlands B.V.