Our sites around the world operate under a common EHS management systems framework. All manufacturing sites are registered to ISO 14001, the international standard for environmental management systems, and OHSAS 18001, the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series standard for health and safety management systems. These enterprise certifications are currently maintained by Lloyds Registrar Quality Assurance (LRQA) registrar.
Our EHS professionals around the world develop and implement site-specific programs to comply with management systems requirements. Their efforts are supported by corporate policies, procedures, checklists, and other resources, as well as location-specific internal websites with relevant documentation.
NXP management is committed to accountability and compliance with applicable laws and with the company’s internal policies, procedures, and standards.
Our EHS Management Systems Program
- Periodic internal reviews of EHS systems and a follow-up to assure high-quality programs.
- Periodic EHS briefings to key NXP managers and corporate representatives.
- Commitment to properly staff NXP facilities with skilled and trained EHS professionals.
- Biannual independent reviews of each site’s EHS systems to assure that they remain current and effective.
- Compliance with EHS reporting and monitoring requirements.
- Mechanisms to provide employees with a meaningful opportunity to report EHS issues, anonymously if preferred, and without concern for reprisal.
- Identification and correction of compliance issues disclosed during normal operations or through internal or external reviews of NXP operations.