2.1 Board features
- Capability to connect to Infineon HybridPACK™ Drive IGBT module for half-bridge evaluations
- SPI communication, capable of daisy chain or normal
- Software configurable power and fail-safe controls
- Easy access power, ground and signal test points
- Easy to install and use SPIGen GUI for interfacing via SPI through PC. Software includes double pulse and short-circuit testing capability
- DC link bus voltage monitor on low-side driver via AMUXIN and AOUT
2.2 Board descriptions
The FRDMGD3100HBIEVM is a half-bridge evaluation board populated with two GD3100 single-channel IGBT gate drive devices. The board supports connection to a FRDM-KL25Z microcontroller for SPI communication and programming, through the use of a logic translator board.
The evaluation board is designed to connect to a single phase of an Infineon HybridPACK™ Drive IGBT for evaluation of the GD3100 performance and capabilities driving a power device. The board includes DESAT circuitry for short-circuit detection and implementation of GD3100 IGBT shutdown protection capabilities.
2.3 Board Image
The FRDMGD3100HBIEVM consists of 3 boards as shown in the final assembly below.
Overview of the FRDMGD3100HBIEVM evaluation board
2.4 Kinetis KL25Z freedom board
The Freedom KL25Z is an ultra-low-cost development platform for Kinetis® L Series MCU built on Arm® Cortex®-M0+ processor.
2.5 Logic translator board
The FRDMGD3100HBIEVM includes a logic translator board, which provides simple isolation and is capable of level-shifting communication signals between the MCU and the GD3100 driver board. The driver board is exposed to high voltage and may require 3.3 V or 5.0 V logic, necessitating an interface board.
2.6 Additional board support
Jumper, LED and additional board descriptions and images are available in the
FRDMGD3100HBIEVM, Half-bridge evaluation board - User Guide user manual.