Today’s fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) markets face a number of challenges, such as pirated goods, parallel trading, and gray market practices. RFID technology provides new and improved methods for combating these problems.
RFID technology offers a step-up in protection against copying and tampering. For example, each RFID chip has a unique serial number (TID), which permits mass-serialization. And each unique serial number is factory programmed and locked (cannot be altered), providing tamper resistance. In addition, RFID offers further protection options such as restricted access (via a password), User Memory, Tamper Alarm and Data Encryption.
- Fast detection of counterfeit products
- Deterrence of parallel trading and gray markets
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are met
- Providing ability to void warranty when consumers use fake consumables in machines
- Increasing Government taxation revenue
RFID Features Beneficial to FMCG
- Unique serialized identification
- No line-of-sight requirement
- Ability to read of hundreds of tags/labels at a time
- Enabling of highly automated processes
- Secured on-chip data storage