MC33901 is not recommended for new designs. NXP® recommends TJA1042G/3 be used in any new designs.
The MC33901 single CAN high-speed physical layer is a cost-effective transceiver designed for standard CAN high-speed applications, used to convert digital protocol information into analog CAN communication. Featuring:
- A built-in transceiver dominant timeout feature for automotive applications
- The physical interface between the CAN protocol controller of an MCU and the physical dual wires of the CAN bus
- Excellent EMC and ESD performance without the need for external filter components
- Two devices versions, with and without CAN bus wake up
- Automotive certifications: C&S (CAN Conformance), IBEE Zwikau (European Car OEM), Mooser (North American Car OEM), Velio (Japanese Car OEM)