- 8 kB byte-erasable flash code memory organized into 1 kB sectors and 64-byte
pages. Single-byte erasing allows any byte(s) to be used as non-volatile data
- 256-byte RAM data memory, 512-byte auxiliary on-chip RAM.
- 512-byte customer data EEPROM on chip allows serialization of devices, storage
of set-up parameters, etc.
- Two analog comparators with selectable inputs and reference source.
- Two 16-bit counter/timers (each may be configured to toggle a port output upon
timer overflow or to become a PWM output) and a 23-bit system timer that can
also be used as a RTC.
- Enhanced UART with fractional baud rate generator, break detect, framing error
detection, and automatic address detection; 400 kHz byte-wide I²C-bus
communication port and SPI communication port.
- CCU provides PWM, input capture, and output compare functions.
- High-accuracy internal RC oscillator option allows operation without external
oscillator components. The RC oscillator option is selectable and fine
- 2.4 V to 3.6 V VDD operating range. I/O pins are 5 V tolerant (may be
pulled up or driven to 5.5 V).
- 28-pin TSSOP, PLCC, HVQFN, and DIP packages with 23 I/O pins minimum and up to
26 I/O pins while using on-chip oscillator and reset options.
- A high performance 80C51 CPU provides instruction cycle times of 111 ns to 222
ns for all instructions except multiply and divide when executing at 18 MHz.
This is six times the performance of the standard 80C51 running at the same
clock frequency. A lower clock frequency for the same performance results in
power savings and reduced EMI.
- In-Circuit Programming (ICP) allows simple production coding with commercial
EPROM programmers. Flash security bits prevent reading of sensitive application
- Serial flash In-System Programming (ISP) allows coding while the device is
mounted in the end application.
- In-Application Programming (IAP) of the flash code memory. This allows changing
the code in a running application.
- Watchdog timer with separate on-chip oscillator, requiring no external
components. The watchdog prescaler is selectable from eight values.
- Low voltage reset (brownout detect) allows a graceful system shutdown when power
fails. May optionally be configured as an interrupt.
- Idle and two different power-down reduced power modes. Improved wake-up from
Power-down mode (a LOW interrupt input starts execution). Typical power-down
current is 1 uA (total power-down with voltage comparators disabled).
- Active-LOW reset. On-chip power-on reset allows operation without external reset
components. A reset counter and reset glitch suppression circuitry prevent
spurious and incomplete resets. A software reset function is also
- Configurable on-chip oscillator with frequency range options selected by user
programmed flash configuration bits. Oscillator options support frequencies from
20 kHz to the maximum operating frequency of 18 MHz.
- Oscillator fail detect. The watchdog timer has a separate fully on-chip
oscillator allowing it to perform an oscillator fail detect function.
- Programmable port output configuration options: quasi-bidirectional, open drain,
- Port 'input pattern match' detect. Port 0 may generate an interrupt when the
value of the pins match or do not match a programmable pattern.
- LED drive capability (20 mA) on all port pins. A maximum limit is specified for
the entire chip.
- Controlled slew rate port outputs to reduce EMI. Outputs have approximately 10
ns minimum ramp times.
- Only power and ground connections are required to operate the P89LPC932A1 when
internal reset option is selected.
- Four interrupt priority levels.
- Eight keypad interrupt inputs, plus two additional external interrupt
- Schmitt trigger port inputs.
- Second data pointer.
- Emulation support.
Comparison to the P89LPC932
The P89LPC932A1 includes several improvements
compared to the P89LPC932. Please see P89LPC932A1 User manual for additional detailed
- Byte-erasability has been added to the user code memory space.
- All of the errata described in the P89LPC932 Errata sheet have been
- Serial ICP has been added.
- The RCCLK bit has been added to the TRIM register allowing the RCCLK to be
selected as the CPU clock (CCLK) regardless of the settings in UCFG1, allowing
the internal RC oscillator to be selected as the CPU clock without the need to
reset the device.
- Enhancements added to the ISP/IAP code to improve code safety and increase
ISP/IAP functionality. This may require slight changes to original P89LPC932
code using IAP function calls. Some ISP/IAP settings are different than the
original P89LPC932. Tools designed to support the P89LPC932A1 should be used to
program this device, such as Flash Magic version 1.98, or later.