The NXP® MC34845 is a high efficiency, LED driver for use in backlighting LCD displays from 10” to 17”+.
- Capable of driving up to 16 LEDs in series in each of 6 strings
- PWM dimming is performed by applying a PWM input signal to the PWM pin which modulates the LED channels directly
- The integrated boost converter uses dynamic headroom control to automatically set the output voltage
- Three device versions for boost frequency: the 34845 and 34845C are 600 kHz, the 34845A is 1.2 MHz and the 34845B and 34845D are 300 kHz
- Includes fault protection modes for LED short and open, over temperature, over current and over voltage errors. The OVP level can be set by using an external resistor divider.