The UJA1069 fail-safe System Basis Chip (SBC) replaces basic discrete components which are common in every Electronic Control Unit (ECU) with a Local Interconnect Network (LIN) interface. The fail-safe SBC supports all networking applications which control various power and sensor peripherals by using LIN as a local sub-bus. The fail-safe SBC contains the following integrated devices:
- LIN transceiver compliant with LIN 2.0 and SAE J2602, and compatible with LIN 1.3
- Advanced independent watchdog
- Dedicated voltage regulator for microcontroller
- Serial peripheral interface (full duplex)
- Local wake-up input port
- Inhibit/limp-home output port
In addition to the advantages of integrating these common ECU functions in a single package, the fail-safe SBC offers an intelligent combination of system-specific functions such as:
- Advanced low-power concept
- Safe and controlled system start-up behavior
- Advanced fail-safe system behavior that prevents any conceivable deadlock
- Detailed status reporting on system and sub-system levels
The UJA1069 is designed to be used in combination with a microcontroller and a LIN controller. The fail-safe SBC ensures that the microcontroller is always started up in a defined manner. In failure situations the fail-safe SBC will maintain the microcontroller function for as long as possible, to provide full monitoring and software driven fall-back operation.
The UJA1069 is designed for 14 V single power supply architectures and for 14 V and 42 V dual power supply architectures.