The UCODE DNA is a leading-edge UHF tag IC targeting secure asset tagging applications which require long read range as well as cryptography authentication check.
In the past, customers had to make a trade-off and choose between either long read range or cryptographic security. With introduction of UCODE DNA, finally both is available: a combination of world-leading long range contactless performance coupled with cutting-edge cryptographic security implementation for tag authentication, all in a single IC.
There are number of applications where combination of high read range with cryptographic security brings value, such as:
- Automatic vehicle ID (e.g. electronic toll collection, electronic vehicle registration)
- Visitor/staff access control and location service (e.g. at theme parks, at large events)
- Visitor classification and pre-processing (e.g. at border crossings or stadium entry points)
- Retail supply chain management / brand protection (e.g. expensive wines or branded luxury fashion items)
- Asset tracking (e.g. for high value assets)
As key innovation compared to the previous products from our UCODE family, UCODE
DNA offers significantly better security than what we have seen in the past in UHF tag
IC market in general. This security is based in the first place on a 128-bit AES key
which is securely stored in IC’s hardware and which is used to perform cryptographic
authentication by an AES coprocessor.
Designed in compliance with the latest relevant standards, namely:
- GS1™ UHF RFID Gen2 v2.0 (Annex N, Tag Alteration (Authenticate)) as well as
- ISO/IEC 29167-10 for proof of origin based on AES (Advanced Encryption Standard)
this tag IC ensures state-of-the-art implementation and world-wide interoperability.