Evaluation module features:
- This evaluation board consists of an MC17XS6500 IC in a 32-pin SOICW-EP with exposed pads.
- This board can control
- Five separate 28 W bulbs
- Five separate LED modules
- Five separate loads of other types
- Device can be driven by the 16-bit SPI using KITUSBSPI with SPIGen software or with direct input signals in Fail safe mode operation. It also offers the possibility to apply an external clock in order to drive outputs in PWM operation.
- Penta 17 mOhm high side switches with high transient current capability
- 16-bit 5.0 MHz SPI control of overcurrent profiles, channel control including PWM duty cycles, output-ON and -OFF OpenLoad detections, thermal shutdown and prewarning, and fault reporting
- Output current monitoring with programmable synchronization signal and battery voltage feedback
- Limp Home mode
- External smart power switch control
- Operating voltage is 7.0 to 18 V with sleep current < 5.0 µA, extended mode from 6.0 to 28 V
- -16 V reverse polarity and ground disconnect protections
- Compatible PCB foot print and SPI software driver among the family