- All in one digital receiver including tuner and software defined radio processing
- Easy to control with high-level user interface
- FM receiver with a tuning range from 65 MHz to 108 MHz covering OIRT, Japan, Europe and US bands
- AM receiver covering Long Wave (LW), Medium Wave (MW) and full Short Wave (SW) bands
- Fully integrated tuning system combining low phase noise and fast tuning times
- FM Low-Noise Amplifier (LNA) with Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- FM mixer for frequency conversion to a low Intermediate Frequency (IF) complex signal
- AM front-end LNA and AGC matching active and passive antenna applications
- AM MW RF selectivity with integrated capacitor bank and automatic calibration
- AM mixer for frequency conversion to a low IF complex signal
- High dynamic range Sigma-Delta (SD) IF Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC)
- Digital IF signal processing including decimation, shift to baseband, AGC control, In-phase/Quadrature-phase (I/Q) correction, Precision Adjacent Channel Suppression (PACS), FM multipath suppression and demodulation
- Baseband I²S output for support of HD Radio and DRM with external digital radio coprocessor (TEF6642 and TEF6646)
- Signal quality detection, FM stereo decoding, noise blanking and weak signal processing
- Advanced RDS and Radio Broadcast Data System (RBDS) demodulation and decoding with versatile output configuration
- One synchronous I²S audio input and audio output in master mode (TEF6642 and TEF6646)
- Digital audio processing with volume scaling (−12 dB to +6 dB)
- HD Radio blending (TEF6642 and TEF6646)
- One stereo audio Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC)
- Single 3.3 V supply voltage
- Fast mode I²C-bus (400 kHz)
- Built-in 1.2 V regulator control circuit
- Qualified in accordance with AEC-Q100
DSP-based AM/FM One-Chip Tuner TEF664x from NXP...
Key features and benefits
- Single tuner AM/FM receiver for automotive applications supporting analog AM/FM and HD/DRM reception
Design tools & Assets
A central place for your design support and tooling.
For today´s short product development cycles, NXP
helps you with this portal to simplify your design.
Training & events
The TEF6640, TEF6642, TEF6644 and TEF6646 are single-chip radio ICs containing an AM/FM radio tuner and software-defined radio signal processing.
The TEF6644 and TEF6646 are the premium versions that include the full available feature set. The TEF6640 and TEF6642 are the lite versions including a basic feature set.
The radio receiver includes the AM/FM front ends, tuning synthesizer, channel filtering, FM multipath improvement, demodulation, FM stereo decoding, weak signal processing, noise blanking and Radio Data System (RDS) reception. A maximum amount of digital signal processing is used, taking full advantage of the CMOS IC technology.
The output signals of the radio processing block are provided in digital format on the host I²S output (only TEF6642 and TEF6646) and in analog format on the audio DAC outputs.
The TEF6642 and the TEF6646 support the digital standards HD Radio and Digital Radio Mondiale (DRM) in combination with NXP terrestrial digital radio coprocessors such as SAF356x.
|Type number||Description||Status||Quick access|
|SAA7706H||Car radio Digital Signal Processor (DSP)||Download datasheet|
|SAF775x||Multi-tuner car radio & audio one-chip|
|TEF6640; TEF6642; TEF6644; TEF6646||Highly efficient low IF radio one-chip|