2.1 Board features
- Capability to connect to Infineon Hybrid PACK Drive IGBT module for half-bridge evaluations
- Daisy chain SPI communication capable
- Power supply and fail-safe jumper configurable
- Easy access power, ground and signal test points
- Easy to install and use SPIGen GUI for interfacing via SPI through PC. Software includes double pulse and short-circuits testing capability
- DC link bus voltage monitor on low-side driver via AMXIN and AOUT
2.2 Board descriptions
The FRDMGD3100HBIEVM is a half-bridge evaluation kit populated with two GD3100 single channel IGBT gate drive devices on a half-bridge evaluation board. The kit includes the Freedom KL25Z
microcontroller hardware for interfacing a PC installed with SPIGen software for communication to the SPI registers on the GD3100 gate drive devices in either daisy chain or standalone
The GD3100 translator board is used to translate 3.3 V signals to 5.0 V signals between the MCU and GD3100 gate drivers. The evaluation kit can be connected to a single phase of an
Infineon Hybrid PACK Drive IGBT module for half-bridge evaluations and applications development.
2.3 Board Image
The FRDMGD3100HBIEVM consists of 3 boards as shown in the final assembly below.
Overview of the FRDMGD3100HBIEVM evaluation board
2.4 Kinetis KL25Z freedom board
The Freedom KL25Z is an ultra-low-cost development platform for Kinetis® L Series MCU built on Arm® Cortex®-M0+ processor.
2.5 3.3 V to 5.0 V translator board
GD3100 translator enables level shifting of signals from 3.3 V to 5.0 V SPI communication.
2.6 Additional board support
Jumper, LED and additional board descriptions and images are available in the FRDMGD3100HBIEVM, Half-bridge evaluation board - User Guide