The TJA1054 is the interface between the protocol controller and the physical bus wires in a Controller Area
Network (CAN). It is primarily intended for low-speed applications up to 125 kBd in passenger cars. The device
provides differential receive and transmit capability but will switch to single-wire transmitter and/or receiver
in error conditions.
The TJA1054T is pin and downwards compatible with the PCA82C252T and the TJA1053T. This means that these two
devices can be replaced by the TJA1054T with retention of all functions.
The important improvements of the TJA1054 with respect to the PCA82C252 and TJA1053 are:
- Very low EME due to a very good matching of the CANL and CANH output signals
- Good EMI, especially in low power modes
- Full wake-up capability during bus failures
- Extended bus failure management including short-circuit of the CANH bus line to VCC
- Support for easy system fault diagnosis
- Two-edge sensitive wake-up input signal via pin WAKE