Archived content is no longer updated and is made available for historical reference only.
The TDA3618JR is a multiple output voltage regulator with a power switch and ignition buffers, intended for use in car radios with or without a microcontroller. It contains:
- Two fixed voltage regulators with foldback current protection (regulators 1 and 3) and one fixed voltage regulator (regulator 2) intended to supply a microcontroller, that also operates during load dump and thermal shutdown
- A power switch with protection, operated by an enable input
- Reset and hold outputs that can be used to interface with the microcontroller; the reset signal can be used to wake up the microcontroller
- A supply pin that can withstand load dump pulses and negative supply voltages
- Regulator 2, which is switched on at a backup voltage greater than 6.5 V and off when the output voltage of regulator 2 drops below 1.9 V
- A provision for the use of a reserve supply capacitor that will hold enough energy for regulator 2 (5 V continuous) to allow a microcontroller to prepare for loss of voltage
- An inverted ignition 1 input with open-collector output stage
- An ignition 2 input Schmitt trigger with push-pull output stage.