1. What is a Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA)?
A non-disclosure agreement (NDA) is a legally binding contract that establishes a mutual confidential relationship. The party or parties signing the agreement agree that any sensitive information shared will not be made available to any party not covered by the NDA. An NDA is necessary for each confidential information exchange between a customer and NXP.
2. Who needs an NDA?
Persons who receive Proprietary or Confidential Information from other parties and those who provide Proprietary or Confidential Information to other parties are responsible for safeguarding this information. Confidentiality terms and conditions are required when Proprietary or Confidential Information, whether in tangible or non-tangible form, are to be received from or to be provided to anyone outside NXP.
3. What does an NDA do?
- a. obligates the receiving party to protect the disclosing party's confidential information from third parties;
- b. identifies the terms and limits on disclosing and using confidential information; and
- c. allows disclosure of confidential information within the receiving party, only on a “need to know” basis to help achieve the Authorized Purpose specified in the NDA.
4. Can a university or an individual sign an NDA with NXP?
Each legal entity, including universities, can be party to an NDA contract. In the case of an individual requestor without a registered legal entity, an NDA option depends on multiple factors like registered projects, business volume and legitimate interest.
5. How can I find out if my company has an active NDA with NXP or if my NDA has expired?
An NDA search can be requested from the NDA online form. Please provide all required information and submit your request. After your request is processed, you will be contacted by the NXP NDA team. In the case that your company does not have a valid NDA, the NDA approval process can be initiated immediately.
6. How do I obtain a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) with NXP?
An NDA can be requested directly from the NDA online form. Please provide all required information and submit your request. If there are changes to the NDA sample letter that may be required for legal reasons, please mention this in the online form or contact support. After your request is processed, you will be contacted by the NXP NDA team.
7. How long does it take to process the NDA?
Above all, the NDA process depends on the quality of the information provided by the customer via the NDA online form and it depends on cooperation with the NXP NDA team. We try to assist you without any delays.
8. What kind of NDA can I request from NXP.com?
Completion of the NDA online form will initiate a request for a standard mutual NDA. For each region, you can choose from several governing laws. For detailed NDA content, please see the attached PDF file.
9. In which languages are NDAs available?
NXP NDAs are available in English. For the China region, we use a bilingual Chinese-English version.
10. What is the difference between the Disclosure Period and the Term of Protection?
The Disclosure Period refers to the period of time in which confidential information can be disclosed under the NDA. The Term of Protection refers to the period of time in which the receiving party must keep confidential the confidential information disclosed by the disclosing party.
11. What is the process for obtaining signatures?
There are two methods of obtaining signatures on NDAs: (A) e-signature, and (B) manual signatures.
12. Who is allowed to be an NDA signatory?
The NDA contract must be signed by the person(s) who is(are) authorized to represent the legal entity in legal proceedings according to the law in force in the country of company registration.
13. How can I find the status of an NDA request if it has not yet been confirmed?
A support ticket will be created for each NDA request. Please check your support ticket to get more details about your NDA request status.
14. Where do I go if I need additional information?
A support ticket will be created for each NDA request. Please check your support ticket to get more details about your NDA request status. If you have not submitted an NDA online request yet and need to know more details before doing so, please submit a support ticket here: Support.