NXP continues its leading position in I²C-bus devices, offering you a vast portfolio of I²C logic products used for communication and protocol conversion. Our I²C solutions are ideal for many systems using SMBus, AdvancedTCA (ATCA) IPMI, and PMBus. You can also choose from a comprehensive selection of other semiconductor ICs with I²C-bus interfaces.
I2C Ultra Fast-mode (UFm) Debuts on NXP Devices...
- Basestation – discretes focus / transceiver board
- Digital media adapters
- LCD display – discretes focus
- PCI analog / DVB-T stereo TV receiver
- UMA-enabled GSM/GPRS/EDGE VAS Phone (6100)
Design tools & Assets
A central place for your design support and tooling.
For today´s short product development cycles, NXP
helps you with this portal to simplify your design.
- Bright ideas for LED applications; LED solutions for gaming, mobile, signage, LCD TV backlighting, LED indication, and more (pdf) (2007-10-01)
- NXP 16-channel I2C-bus LED controller PCA9955ATW for automotive (pdf) (2014-07-02)
- LED controllers; Voltage-switch drivers, constant-current drivers, and Flash LED drivers (pdf) (2010-11-24)
- Build a better LCD backlighting unit for full-color RGBA displays; NXP 16-channel, 12-bit I2C-bus PWM/LED backlight controller PCA9685 (pdf) (2009-02-01)
- Evaluate the I2C-bus with a comprehensive kit; NXP I2C 2002-1A evaluation board kits OM6285 and OM6278 (pdf) (2008-07-01)
- LED blinking with GPIO expansion; NXP 2/4/8/16-bit I2C/SMBus LED blinkers PCA9550/51/52/53 (pdf) (2007-06-01)
- LED dimming with GPIO expansion; NXP 2/4/8/16-bit I2C/SMBus LED dimmers PCA9530/31/32/33 (pdf) (2007-06-01)
- I2C-bus Components Selection Guide (pdf) (2013-06-03)
Training & events
New Fast-mode Plus devices operate at 1 MHz up to 540 pF
NXP's new I²C Fast-mode Plus (Fm+) devices go from zero to 1 MHz so you can go to the next design level with higher data rates and up to 540 pF bus loading. In computing, telecom and networking systems architecture the trend is for greater use of I²C-bus as a maintenance and control bus, so more bandwidth and more devices on the bus is required.
The I²C-bus appears in virtually every application. In cellular handsets, LED blinkers and dimmers can control keypad, fun lighting and status LEDs. These ICs can also be used for more advanced status or illumination control while off-loading host processors in LCD displays. LCD segment or LCD matrix drivers with an I²C interface are ideal for cordless telephone handsets.
I²C serial EEPROM can store preset information in an MP3 player or large LCD display, where PAL or NTSC settings during manufacture are set using I²C DIP switches. For environmental sensing, I²C temperature sensors can monitor local temperatures: particularly important in wireless basestations, where I²C repeaters / hubs / extenders are also used, to isolate capacitance from the backplane.
|Type number||Description||Status||Quick access|
|OM13320||I²C Fm+ Development Board Kit OM13320||Order demo boards|
|OM13491||Surface Mount to DIP Evaluation Board OM13491|
|OM13492||Surface Mount to DIP Evaluation Board OM13492|
|OM13493||Surface Mount to DIP Evaluation Board OM13493|
|OM13494||Surface Mount to DIP Evaluation Board OM13494|
|OM13495||Surface Mount to DIP Evaluation Board OM13495|
|OM13496||Surface Mount to DIP Evaluation Board OM13496|
|OM13497||Surface Mount to DIP Evaluation Board OM13497|
|OM6275||NXP I²C demonstration board 2005-1 kit||Order demo boards|