MOS Model 11 has been developed as the successor of MOS Model 9. The development goals for MOS Model 11 have been:
- Suitable for digital, analog and RF;
- Suitable for modern and future CMOS technologies;
- Physics based;
- Number of parameters comparable to MOS Model 9;
- Simulation time comparable to MOS Model 9; and
- Simple parameter extraction.
The models are included in a dynamic loaded library called SiMKit. SiMKit is related to the following circuit simulators used within NXP®:
- Pstar, the circuit simulator from NXP
- Spectre, the circuit simulator from Cadence
- ADS, the circuit simulator from Agilent.