MC33901 is not recommended for new designs. NXP® recommends TJA1044G be used in any new designs. Please see below the Comparison Table for specifications in replacement part numbers.
The MC33901 single CAN high-speed physical layer is a cost-effective transceiver designed for standard CAN high-speed applications, used to convert digital protocol information into analog CAN communication. Featuring:
- A built-in transceiver dominant timeout feature for automotive applications.
- The physical interface between the CAN protocol controller of an MCU and the physical dual wires of the CAN bus.
- Excellent EMC and ESD performance without the need for external filter components.
- Two devices versions, with and without CAN bus wake up.
- Automotive certifications: C&S (CAN Conformance), IBEE Zwickau (European Car OEM), Mooser (North American Car OEM), Velio (Japanese Car OEM).
Archived content is no longer updated and is made available for historical reference only.