Archived content is no longer updated and is made available for historical reference only.
The TDA3608 is a multiple output voltage regulator with a power switch, intended for use in car radios with or without a microcontroller. It contains:
- Two fixed output voltage regulators with a foldback current protection (regulator 1 and regulator 3) and one fixed output voltage regulator (regulator 2) intended to supply a microcontroller, which also operates during load dump and thermal shutdown
- A power switch with protections, operated by an enable input
- Reset and hold outputs that can be used to interface with the microcontroller; the reset output can be used to call up the microcontroller and the hold output indicates that the regulator 1 output voltage is available and within the range
- A supply pin which can withstand load dump pulses and negative supply voltages
- Regulator 2 which is switched on at a backup voltage higher than 6.5 V and switched off when the regulator 2 output drops below 1.9 V
- A provision for the use of a reserve (backup) supply capacitor that will hold enough energy for regulator 2 (5 V continuous) to allow a microcontroller to prepare for loss of voltage.