3.1 Configure the hardware
The FRDM-KL25Z evaluation board was chosen specifically to work with the FRDMPT2001EVM kit because of its low cost and features. The FRDM-KL25Z boardmakes use of the USB,
built in LEDs and I/O ports availablewith NXP’s Kinetis KL2x family of microcontrollers.
The FRDMPT2001EVM connects to the FRDM-KL25Z using the four-dual row ArduinoTM R3 connectors on the bottom of the board. The procedure for configuring the
FRDMPT2001EVM for use with the FRDM-KL25Z is as follows:
- 1. Detach the S32K144EVB-Q100 from the FRDMPT2001EVM board.
2. Place connector blocks on the outer rows of all four Arduino connectors on the FRDMKL25Z.
3. Attach the FRDM-KL25Z under FRDMPT2001EVM board such that connector J3 on the FRDMPT2001EVM aligns with connector J9 on the FRDM-KL25Z and connector J2 on the FRDMPT2001EVM aligns
with connector J2 on the FRDM-KL25Z.
3.2 Configuration image
To run the examples included in the software bundle, the following connections and setup must be performed:
1. Make sure SPIGen 7.0 (or higher) is installed on the PC and it can communicate with the Freedom board FRDM-KL25Z. A blue LED, lights on the FRDM-KL25Z when SPIGen is running and the
board is properly connected.
2. Connect the FRDM-KL25Z to the PC using the USB KL25Z port (left side of SW1). The USB_PWR LED on the FRDMPT2001EVM should be illuminated.
3. With the power supply switched off, attach the +12 VDC supply to the VSUPP input connector on the FRDMPT2001EVM. Make sure that the power supply is connected to the correct GND and +12
V terminals on the board. The current capability of the +12 V supply must exceed the maximum total current required by the number of loads that can be simultaneously ON.
4. Attach loads (Injectors) to the INJ1, INJ2, INJ3, INJ4, INJ5 and INJ6 output terminals as desired.
5. Turn on the +12 V supply. The +5.0 V LED illuminates, indicating that the board is properly connected.
3.3 Connect USB Cable
Connect the Standard-A plug of the USB cable to the host PC. Connect the mini-B plug on the cable to the port labeled
USBKL25Z on the FRDM-KL25Z.
3.4 Additional board support
Detailed configuration and images are available in the User Guide. Refer to FRDMPT2001EVM evaluation board for additional details.