The NXP analog product development boards provide an easy-to-use platform for evaluating NXP products. The boards support a range of analog, mixed-signal and power solutions. They incorporate monolithic integrated circuits and system-in-package devices that use proven high-volume technology. NXP products offer longer battery life, a smaller form factor, reduced component counts, lower cost, and improved performance in powering state-of-the-art systems.
This page will guide you through the process of setting up and using the RDGD31603PHSEVM board.
1.1 Kit contents/packing list
The RDGD31603PHSEVM contents include
- Assembled and tested RDGD31603PHSEVM board in an anti-static bag
- 3.3 V to 5.0 V translator board (KITGD3160TREVB) connected to FRDM-KL25Z with Flex GUI software control
- Quick Start Guide
1.2 Additional hardware
In addition to the kit contents, the following hardware is necessary or beneficial when working with this reference board.
- Microcontroller for SPI communication
- Compatible SiC MOSFET module
- DC link capacitor compatible with SiC (VE-Trac SiC from OnSemi NVXR17S90M2SP or ST SiC) MOSFET module
- HV power supply with protection shield and hearing protection
- Current sensors for monitoring each phase current
- 12 V, 1.0 A DC power supply
- 4-channel oscilloscope with appropriate isolated probes
1.3 Windows PC workstation
This reference design requires a Windows PC workstation. Meeting these minimum specifications should produce great results when working with this evaluation board.
- USB-enabled computer with Windows 8 or Windows 10
Installing software is necessary to work with this reference design. All listed software is available on the information page at http://www.nxp.com/RDGD31603PHSEVM.
- Flex GUI software for using with KITGD3160TREVB MCU/translator board
- S32S Design Studio IDE for power architecture
- Automotive Math and Motor Control Library (AMMCL)
- FreeMaster 2.0 runtime debugging tool
- Motor Control Application Tuning (MCAT)
- Example code, GD3160 Device Driver notes and GD31xx Device Driver Reference