1. Get started
The NXP analog product development boards provide an easy-to-use platform for evaluating NXP products. The boards support a range of analog, mixed-signal, and power solutions. They incorporate monolithic integrated circuits and system-in-package devices that use proven high-volume technology. NXP products offer longer battery life, a smaller form factor, reduced component counts, lower cost, and improved performance in powering state-of-the-art systems.
This page will guide you through the process of setting up and using the BATT-14CEMULATOR board.
1.1 Kit contents/packing list
The BATT-14CEMULATOR contents include:
- BATT-14CEMULATOR, 14-cell slider battery pack emulator
- Quick Start Guide
1.2 Additional hardware
In addition to the kit contents, the following hardware is necessary or beneficial when working with this kit.
- Power supply 12 VDC with current capability 1.5 A
1.3 User manual
Refer to UM11349, BATT-14CEMULATOR14-cell slider battery pack emulator kit for additional details on the featured components and board configuration.
2. Get to know the hardware
2.1 Board features
- 14 cell emulator potentiometers
- Each slider can modify the cell voltage between 1.25 V and 4.9 V
- Current capability of the cell output voltage is 110 mA
- Up to three evaluation boards can be connected in parallel
- One temperature sensor emulator potentiometer
- Temperature sensor output voltage can vary from 0 V to +4.95 V
- Two output terminals to allow stack-up of several emulators
2.2 Board description
The BATT-14CEMULATOR board can emulate a multi-cell battery pack that can be easily hooked-up to the evaluation boards for MC33771C battery cell controllers (BCC):
2.3 Board components
Overview of the BATT-14CEMULATOR: 14-cell Battery Pack to supply MC33771C EVBs
2.4 Additional board support
Refer to UM11349, BATT-14CEMULATOR14-cell slider battery pack emulator kit for additional details on the featured components.
3. Configure the hardware
To configure the hardware, complete the following procedure:
- Connect 12 V DC power supply with 1.5 A current capability to the board via J6, a Ø3.5 mm jack connector. The center pin is to be connected to the positive voltage and the ring terminal to the ground.
- Connect the MC33771C EVB board to the battery emulator using a 26-pin connector that is included in the MC33771C EVB pack.
- Move the potentiometers to change the voltage on the 14 cells and on the temperature sensor emulators.
3.1 Additional board support
Refer to UM11349, BATT-14CEMULATOR14-cell slider battery pack emulator kit user manual for additional details on the hardware configuration.
3.2 Ready to use
Start embedded application development.
4. Learn more
4.1 Product summary page
The product summary page for MC33771C is at https://www.nxp.com/MC33771C.
4.2 Tool summary page
The tool summary page for BATT-14CEMULATOR board is at https://www.nxp.com/BATT-14CEMULATOR.
The page provides overview information, technical and functional specifications, ordering information, documentation, and software. The Get Started provides quick-reference information applicable to using the BATT-14CEMULATOR board, including the downloadable assets.
In addition to our MC33771C: 14-Channel Li-ion Battery Cell Controller page, you may also want to visit:
4.4 BUY the board
BATT-14CEMULATOR: 14-cell Battery Pack to supply MC33771C EVBs