Standard MCAL components include:
- MCU (Microcontroller Unit) driver for basic microcontroller initialization, power down functionality, reset and microcontroller specific functions.
- WDG (Watchdog) driver for initialization, changing the operation
mode and triggering the watchdog.
- GPT (General Purpose Timer) for the hardware timer channels of the general-purpose timer unit.
- PORT driver for initializing the whole PORT structure of the
- DIO driver for reading and writing to/from DIO channels (pins), DIO
ports, DIO channel groups.
- ICU (Input Capture Unit) for demodulation of a PWM signal, counting pulses, measuring of frequency and duty cycle, generating simple interrupts and also wakeup interrupts.
- PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) for generation of pulses with variable pulse width.
- CAN driver for CAN transmissions.
- ENET driver for Ethernet transmissions.
- SPI handler/driver for reading from and writing to devices connected
via SPI busses (e.g. EEPROM, Watchdog, I/O ASICs).
- FLASH driver for reading, writing and erasing flash memory and
handling write / erase protection.
- FEE driver for the Flash EEPROM Emulation.
- Additional driver for other standard or non standardized modules are offered through NXP® Professional Services.