- 3rd generation SmartMX platform delivers the highest security for eGovernment, payment, and access management applications where protection of personal identifiable information (PII), financial information and private data are paramount.
- Building upon NXP's 15 years expertise in designing security microprocessors, the future-proof platform serves high-volume applications and supports new trends in the electronic credentials market.
- NXP´s customers will benefit from the platform's performance and flexibility, and the new architecture helps customers accelerate time to market for new products.
EINDHOVEN, Netherlands, June 27, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ:NXPI) today unveiled its 3rd generation SmartMX platform built for the digital services era to provide advanced security and privacy protection for citizen IDs, ePassports, payment and access management applications. Uncompromising on performance and security, the platform is optimized to create future-proof secure microprocessors required for secure identity and payment applications where protection of personal identifiable information (PII) and other private data are paramount. Based on NXP´s IntegralSecurity architecture 2.0, the powerful P71D320 security controller is the first solution released in the new SmartMX3 family and is Common Criteria EAL6+ certified.
Disruptive information technologies, such as data management in the cloud, the Internet of Things (IoT), sensors and mobile devices have opened up many advantages and opportunities for new services. But the side effects of identity theft, fraud and privacy concerns are at an all-time high. Companies and governments around the world are rethinking how to employ secure electronic credentials that protect PII such as name, date of birth and address, as well as financial, medical and other private information—all while improving the consumer's service experience. NXP is investing millions of dollars each year to further drive the development of secure solutions for identity protection.
"The continued development of the digital era, along with the ability to reduce identity theft and fraud, rests on how we evolve secure and reliable identification technologies," said Sébastien Clamagirand, senior director and general manager of secure identification solutions at NXP. "Building upon NXP's 15 years of experience in security microprocessors, our new SmartMX3 platform offers advanced security features and performance, while giving our customers the flexibility to adapt their applications according to today´s market requirements thanks to its unique FlexMem technology."
Key Facts of SmartMX3 P71D320
The latest SmartMX platform builds on the groundbreaking IntegralSecurity architecture. The platform includes a series of new security enhancements:
- Unique FlexMem® memory architecture combining Flash and ROM memory to provide flexibility and performance
- Large and higher endurance memory for code and data makes OS design easier
- Advanced Integral Security Architecture 2.0 with new Vertical Firewall technology to secure the various application codes within the device memory
- Payment M/Chip transaction time improved by 30 percent; 230ms
- Enhanced eGov SAC ePP performance < 2s
- Faster return on investment with flexibility, product compatibility and quicker time-to-market
- Future-proof family concept across SmartMX3 microcontroller products
- New innovative development tool chain for more flexibility and reducing OEMs R&D effort
For more detailed information on the SmartMX3 microcontroller platform please visit www.nxp.com/SmartMX. NXP will also host a webinar about the new SmartMX3 microcontroller platform on July 12.
About the SmartMX security controller Family
SmartMX MCU, the platform of choice for highly secure and fast data transactions, is a proven solution for contact, contactless and dual interface applications with over 6 billion ICs sold. Serving banks all over the world, from Shanghai to London and New York to Berlin, NXP's SmartMX MCU secures transactions on over one-third of the chip-based payment cards in circulation. NXP's SmartMX products are also the core component in a variety of digital identity schemes and are deployed in 120 out of 145 countries implementing e-Government programs, including ePassports, citizen cards, national ID cards, driving licenses, social security cards and health cards. The SmartMX family is also the preferred technology for the secure element of NFC-enabled phones.
About NXP Semiconductors
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secureconnections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions thatmake lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivitysolutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the secureconnected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connectedsolutions markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience andexpertise, the company has 31,000 employees in more than 33 countries and postedrevenue of $9.5 billion in 2016. Find out more www.nxp.com.
NXP and the NXP logo are trademarks of NXP B.V. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. © 2017 NXP B.V.
For more information, please contact:
NXP Semiconductors Netherlands B.V.