Out of the box
The NXP analog product development boards provide an easy-to-use platform for evaluating NXP products. The boards support a range of analog, mixed-signal and power solutions. They incorporate monolithic integrated circuits and system-in-package devices that use proven high-volume technology. NXP products offer longer battery life, a smaller form factor, reduced component counts, lower cost and improved performance in powering state-of-the-art systems.
This page will guide you through the process of setting up and using the FRDMGD3160DSBHB board.
1.1 Kit contents/packing list
The FRDMGD3160DSBHB contents include:
- Assembled and tested FRDMGD3160DSBHB board in an anti-static bag
- 3.3 V to 5.0 V translator board (KITGD3160TREVB) connected to a FRDM-KL25Z board
- USB cable, type A male/type mini B male, 3 ft
- Quick Start Guide
1.2 Additional hardware
In addition to the kit contents, the following hardware is necessary or beneficial when working with this reference board.
- Compatible onsemi VE-Trac™ dual DSB IGBT module
- DC link capacitor compatible with the onsemi VE-Trac™ dual DSB IGBT module
- 1.27 mm jumpers for configuration (included with kit)
- 30 μH to 50 μH, high current air core inductor for double pulse testing
- HV power supply with protection shield and hearing protection
- 25 V, 1.0 A DC power supply
- 500 MHz 2.5 GS/s 4-channel oscilloscope
- Rogowski coil, PEM Model CWT Mini HF60R or CTW MiniHF30 (smaller diameter)
- Isolated differential high-voltage probes
- Digital voltmeter
1.3 Windows PC workstation
This reference design requires a Windows PC workstation. Meeting these minimum specifications should produce great results when working with this evaluation board.
- Windows 7 or higher operating system
Installing software is necessary to work with this reference design. All listed software is available on the information page at