- NXP’s FS26 and S32K3 family of MCUs combine hardware, software, reference design and system-level safety for easy implementation.
- FS26 provides safe and scalable system power management for electrification, automotive body electronics, battery management, emerging zone controllers, and general-purpose body and safety applications.
- Simplifies safety integration with built in ASIL B and ASIL D capability and robustness to match specific application requirements.
New NXP Power Management ICs Offer Scalable System Control and Simplified Safety Implementation
EINDHOVEN, November 9, 2020 NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) has announced the FS26, a scalable safety power management system that powers the MCUs in safety sensitive vehicle applications. The combination of the FS26 and MCUs from NXP‘s S32K3 family builds safety focused solutions for electrification, automotive body electronics, battery management, emerging zone controllers, and general purpose body and safety applications. With ASIL B and ASIL D capabilities and the SafeAssure designation, the solution can help customers simplify their safety designs. Combined with the newly released NXP S32K3, the ICs form a solution of software driver, reference design and joint safety documentation to further accelerate customer development timelines for safety applications.
Innovation in vehicles is driven by the electronics that enable connectivity, electrification and autonomy. As electronics proliferate to meet these growth areas, keeping the systems safe becomes increasingly important. As a result, the safe monitoring of MCUs and the precise management of power in electronic systems is taking center stage in design considerations leading carmakers to seek power solutions that meet requirements and simplify their hardware and software implementation experience.
NXP’s new FS26 addresses these dynamics by offering its third generation of ASIL D safety power management solutions. This legacy in safety combined with safety monitoring, power supply, system added value and functional safety monitoring of the system can help customers simplify their safety design.
“Safety design is about building trust by leveraging the right skills, features and processes,” said Jorge Salhuana, vice president systems and power management product line, NXP Semiconductors. “With the new FS26 we are leveraging more than 10 years of experience and our third generation of power management for customers, providing the right mix of hardware, software and support to simplify the implementation of safety in modern vehicles.”
The FS26 is now available in combination with the S32K3
About the FS26
- FS26 is a Plug and Play Solution with hardware, software and the safety backbone needed to accelerate ECU development.
- Scalable solutions with ASILB and D Backbone.
- Reference Design with newly released S32K3, including HW, SW solutions.
- SafeAssure Secure safety concept with proven HW architecture, to fit for ASIL B up to ASIL D based on FS65 lead.