The NXP® MC33789 is a mixed signal IC for airbag safety applications that provides a cost-effective and flexible system IC solution across the range of airbag partitions used in cars and other vehicles.
- Connects to the 12 V vehicle battery and supplies the multiple voltages of a typical airbag system
- Can detect switched input states and communicate with both local and remote crash sensors
- Offers an industry standard interface (SPI) and four PSI5 master interfaces
- Diagnostic - self protection capability and a programmable analog interface accessible by the system MCU
- The MC33789 is a SafeAssure® functional safety solution.